Panel discussion in the European Parliament June, 27th 2023
Ms Vera Tax, MEP European Parliament, organised this panel event to raise awareness amongst the maritime community and policymakers about the importance of women and how to improve working conditions in the sector.
This is a recording of our discussion on June 27 in Brussels. The participants have generously given me permission to share with you what we discussed.
You will hear five panellists (besides me) speaking;
- Ms Line Heimstad, Deputy Head of Agreement, Norwegian Seafarers’ Union. Line is eager to share the Gender Equality Strategy for the Maritime Sector in Norway.
- Ms Vanessa De Michele, 1st Officer, Costa Cruises
- Mr David Kerr is a Member of the European Commission, working in the Cabinet of the Commissioner for Equality, Helena Dalli.
- Mr Sotiris Raptis is the European Community Shipowners’ Association’s Secretary General, ECSA.
- Ms Evina Fotiadou, Policy Advisor at European Community Shipowners’ Associations (ECSA)
Moderator: Ms Marjolein van Noort, who is the Dutch Shipowners Association’s representative in Brussels
This is the first half of our discussions, part 2 will be released on the next Shipping Podcast Friday!
Thank you for listening.